Technical Sales Representative
market leading business
opportunity to take ownership of the Scottish market
About Our Client
A true market leader in the welding industry.
- Promote the sales of all consumable and equipment products in the portfolio to the relevant customer base in your sales area.
- Endeavour that the agreed budget for the designated sales territory is achieved and/or exceeded on a monthly and yearly basis.
- To deliver continued development of the existing customer base to include the introduction of new accounts to the area and to develop an environment of continual growth.
- Ensure the current and future customer base is aware of the capabilities and benefits of our
- Ensuring all new accounts to be discussed and approved with the management team prior to
an application for an account is submitted to the customer.
- Participates and contributes to the analysis of sales data, including the use of CRM
reporting system SalesForce.
- Fully aware of developments in the industry and commercial markets by monitoring trends,
sharing market intelligence with the team and translating how this impacts our organisation/product portfolio .
- Provide solutions and technical support nationally including demonstrations.
- Participates in all sales meetings, business development meetings and customer engagement activities.
- Builds knowledge of the organisation, processes and customers enabling the role to add value to the customers experience
- Ensure the discount structure guidelines implemented by the company are adhered to, and assume responsibility for submitting quotations on the Company's behalf in order to secure business.
- Duties must be carried out in strict compliance with all the Companies policies, including policies on Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and Quality Assurance.
- This job description may be altered from time to time to meet the changing needs of the
The Successful Applicant
- Achieves budgeted targets.
- Product Improvement.
- Improved marketing and the development of new strategies.
- Improved communication with external and internal customers.
- Improved company performance.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Preferable but not essential to have a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree, ideally enlarged by a Welding Engineer education.
- Strong experience in the welding industry and being used to presenting and speaking in front of groups
of engineers and purchasing people.
- Strong background and broad theoretical and practical understanding of arc welding, design, testing and general fabrication in the metal working industries.
- Relevant technical & commercial knowledge of the sales, product and marketing techniques required.
- Results oriented and proactive - consistent overachiever of goals and objectives.
- Ability to persuade and influence others and driven to achieve defined goals.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional and confident manner.
- Customer-centric approach with a focus on understanding customer requirements and providing a total solution.
- Strong organisation and time management skills.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office products.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to respond positively and proactively to change.
- Effective critical thinking skills
Maintains a Customer Focus - Demonstrating exceptional service to both internal and external customers
giving high priority to understanding and satisfying the customer.
Takes Ownership - Demonstrates a continuous drive to achieve superior results and takes responsibility for those results.
Is a Team Player - Has the ability to collaborate effectively with others to achieve common goals. Recognizes situations in which team members need to work together to solve work task at hand.
Uses Sound Judgement/Integrity - Takes action that is well-reasoned, which represents the best interest of the business
Achieves Quality Results - Flawlessly executes on objectives to ensure the long-term success of the organization
What's on Offer