Technical Services Manager
Level 4 Food Hygiene
Advanced HACCP Qualification
About Our Client
- To effectively manage, motivate and audit a team of QA operatives and their duties.
- Effectively train and educate QA staff according to the needs determined by the business, customer and legislative requirements.
- Manage and develop hygiene standards and procedures.
- Managing and approving existing and new suppliers, including raw material specifications and audits as appropriate.
- Setting up maintenance and analysis of micro schedules and monitoring test data to feed back to factory
- Customer web portals
- Internal audit risk assessment and scheduling as well as audit collection and close out
- Implementation of customer COP
- Management and writing of customer specifications
- Trending of data and site KPI generation
- Traceability and paperwork Archiving
- Gap analysis COP's
- Shelf life and nutritional monitoring and statistical analysis
- NCR and Concession management.
- Manage compliance to customer codes of practice, BRC and legislation. Completion of customer specifications in a timely manner.
- To review, audit and challenge factory operations, product quality and systems to ensure that teams maintain the highest standards of food safety and product integrity.
- Developing and monitoring HACCP, TACCP and quality systems in accordance to the latest customer/BRC standards.
- To adhere to and promote best practice in accordance with company health, safety and quality regulations.
- Process and data analysis (e.g. yields, complaints, weight control), validation and improvement.
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints within a timely manner, following through on corrective actions and ensuring further training is completed where appropriate.
- To ensure the factories are audited to maintain readiness for announced and unannounced third party audits; reporting and following up any anomalies found.
- To ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to by all staff.
- To liaise with agency controllers as necessary and providing feedback regarding agency workers.
- To contribute to the training and development of new starters department and where appropriate provide on-going training in line with BRC standard to existing employees.
- To act as a role model for best practice.
- Monitor, control and minimise waste and play an active part in continuous improvement.
- Liaise with Senior Management Teams with any reasonable requests.
- Drive own personal development through training and work based experience.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time, that reasonably fall within the scope and grade of the post.
- To ensure routine QA/production checks are completed in a timely manner including reconciliation of associated paperwork.
- Any other duty as may be considered necessary to assist the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Level 4 Food Hygiene
- Advanced HACCP Qualification
- NVQ in management or team leading.
- Internal auditing.
- Degree in science subject
What's on Offer
- 45 hours per week.
- Monday - Friday 8am until 5pm. Element of flexibility during audits and customer Technical audits and visits and peak seasons.
- 1 half hour for lunch - paid.
- Other breaks may be given at the discretion of the Line Manager and as such are paid.