- Reputable Public Sector Client
- A great opportunity to enhance your skill set
About Our Client
- Reputable Organisation
- UK wide reach
- To ensure that backup tapes are changed as per the prescribed schedule and that tapes are accurately labelled and stored correctly.
- Interrogate the HIS Automated Hardware Inventory system and report all PCs displaying incomplete records.
- Monitor the centralised virus control software and report all virus alerts for escalation and mitigation.
- Assist customers to resolve billing enquiries for Landline, Mobile Phone Voice and Data Usage.
- To assist in the pricing of equipment for order, by obtaining quotes and drafting up requisitions for authorisation.
- Execute automatic software installs where instructed to.
- Install base software images onto PCs as required in the commissioning of new or the reissue of existing equipment.
- Support the recycling of hardware recovered from customers to ensure that this process is monitored, equipment returns are logged and disposal is in accordance with agreed procedure.
- Ensure that the physical security and operating environment of computer suites are not compromised.
- To issue, administer and cancel RSA tokens for VPN access.
- To ensure that appropriate and responsible, safe use and installation of IT equipment, including repair and maintenance takes place.
- Check server backups for successful completion and report those backups that fail to their supervisor.
- To manually maintain Active Directory, Central Encryption Control Server (Safeboot) and Asset Control system (LANDesk) to ensure that redundant equipment is removed as assets and that asset transfers between customers is also reflected in these system
The Successful Applicant
- IT experience gained through education or the workplace.
- MS Office or equivalent packages gained through education or the workplace.
- Windows gained through education or the workplace.
- PC/Mobile/Printer fault diagnosis gained through education or the workplace.
- Data Entry experience on a computer system gained through education or the workplace.
- Knowledge of routinely used IT equipment in the corporate office environment and its application of usage.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Confident in their abilities, can work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Frequent requirement to carry, move equipment, without aids, e.g. Printers/ PCs. Reasonable adjustments will be made where necessary.
What's on Offer
- Join a Reputable client
- gain experience of working on large projects
- Learn new skills
Quote job ref
+44 121 634 6961