Theatre Practitioner - Scrub/Recovery
You will be supported by one of the UK's largest private health care groups
Flexible working to suit your own work/life balance
About Our Client
The hospital provides care to patients on an in-patient and day-case basis with five operating theatres offering surgical procedures in a number of specialities including Orthopaedics, General surgery, Bariatric surgery, Plastics, Urology, ENT and Gynaecology for Private and NHS patients.
- support and monitor the patient on their arrival into the recovery unit
- provide appropriate treatment until they have recovered from the effects of the anaesthesia and/or surgery
- assess the patient so they can be discharged back to a ward
- Help and support patients before surgery
- prepare a wide range of specialist equipment and drugs, including anaesthetic machines, intravenous equipment and devices that safely secure the patient's airway during anaesthesia
- preparing all the necessary instruments and equipment for surgery, including microscopes, lasers and endoscopes
- providing the correct surgical instruments and materials to the surgeon
- being responsible for all surgical instruments, equipment and swabs during the operation
- acting as a link between the surgical team and other parts of the theatre and hospital
- anticipating the requirements of the surgical team and responding effectively
The Successful Applicant
- NMC/HCPC registration.
- Must have recognised UK anaesthetic course for anaesthetics ( or HCPC registration)
- A strong clinical background.
- A commitment to the delivery of customer focussed services.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- A proven track record and evidence of successfully delivering a change agenda to enhance quality and efficiency.
- Experience and confidence in effectively meeting compliance to the Governance Framework.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant legal and professional care/practice standards and evidence of supporting ongoing professional development.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary plus enhancements where eligible
- Contributory pension scheme
- Opportunities to grow, develop and specialise in your career
- 25 days Annual Leave + Bank Holidays (pro rata)
- Private Healthcare and Life Assurance
- Free onsite parking
- Access to our employee Discount Programme
- Wellbeing centre and access to 24/7 employee assistance line for free advice