- Privately owned developer with aggressive ambition to grow.
- Excellent opportunity for a step into the the development world.
About Our Client
A UK leading privately owned housebuilder, operating primarily across the Midlands, the North and Scotland. They have recently embarked on a new era of growth, which will accelerate the career of anyone joining.
Their core market is second and third time home buyers, with a recently revamped portfolio to remove a lot of "noise", making employee's lives easier and ensuring people are in the best position possible to excel.
Intent on recognising individual talent, they supporting the personalised training, development and ultimately their progression.
You will be the primary point of contact for all planning matters in the region. You will work closely with the Land, Technical and Design departments and to advise on site viability, with a view to maximise profits and ensure all legislation, regulations and various Section obligations are met. Tasks will include:
- Actively manage and be responsible for the planning application process for all applications in the Region through direct liaison and negotiation with the Local Authority and key stakeholders.
- Manage the drafting and completion of all Section 106 Agreements with the Local Authority and our legal teams in accordance with the business operational requirements.
- Ensure that all planning permissions are value-driven and are commercially optimal for the region to achieve its business strategy plan.
- Monitor and report to the Head of Planning on both local and national planning policy changes and key planning decisions.
- Provide operational & tactical planning analysis which present clear and reasoned planning advice and recommendations in terms of potential risks/opportunities and likely planning gain requirements.
- Use your excellent communication skills in the preparation of persuasive and effective Pre-Application, Planning Statements, Statement of Community Involvement reports and other associated planning documentation.
- Engage with stakeholders from public consultation events to meeting with councillors and MPs.
The Successful Applicant
To successfully apply for this position you will be able to demonstrate a minimum of 5yrs professional Town Planning experience, ideally working on volume residential schemes, either in-house with a developer or at consultancy. Beyond this, we're looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- An excellent track record of successfully delivering planning approvals.
- An in-depth understanding of adopted and emerging local and national planning policy and guidance as well as legal frameworks associated with planning management and development procurement.
- Comprehensive technical and legal knowledge and broad Financial / Commercial awareness that impact on land acquisition and planning matters
- Relevant qualification ideally but must be educated to at least degree standard.
Who they're really after is someone innovative and curious, who likes to understand, challenge and maximise a scheme's potential. Key qualities also include teamwork, organisation, communication, design making and problem solving.
What's on Offer
Competitive starting salary with excellent benefits, including company car/allowance and a genuinely market leading bonus scheme which has just paid out in more than full! You will receive support and training to up-skill you across weaker areas to be fully autonomous, but also to give you career satisfaction and enjoyment!
For full details drop me an initial call or apply for a call back!