- A great opportunity for a Trainee Accountant to join a dynamic team.
- Become an integral member of the team with development and progression on offer.
About Our Client
An innovative, streamline firm of Chartered Accountants based in Bridgend who have experienced sustained, organic growth and looking to appoint a Trainee Accountant.
The key responsibilities for this Trainee Accountant position at a leading accountancy firm based in Bridgend are:
- To provide the firm's clients with exceptional service, assisting them in dealing with their compliance needs and continued cloud accounting adaptation;
- You will be encouraged to nurture your relationships with your clients, building trust and ensuring we become their most valuable business partner;
- Processing transactions using cloud-based accounting software, including maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers, nominal ledgers, and processing all bank transactions. To include reconciling all balance sheet accounts;
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies, sole traders, and partnerships;
- Maintaining client books and records on a regular basis, including preparation of VAT returns;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients;
- Report directly to a Manager / Senior Manager;
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high-quality client service;
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines;
- Able to organise staff subcontracted to or working for them and the ability to appropriately train more junior members of staff; and
- You will also be exposed to supporting the occasional audit.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Trainee Accountant role at a leading accountancy firm in Bridgend, you must be:
- AAT qualified and/or ideally in the early stages of studying towards further professional accounting qualifications (ACCA/ACA);
- A minimum of 2 years of practice experience in a professional office;
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time;
- Have a general business awareness gained either in a business-orientated accounts practice;
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team's performance; and
- An excellent communicator with a flair for dealing with various types and quality of accounting records.
What's on Offer
Unique annual leave package;
Supportive team; personal growth and development on offer;