- Trainee Accountant required to join a Swansea based accountancy practice.
- Progress, develop, and grow at a top firm, offering full study support.
About Our Client
An innovative, streamline firm of Chartered Accountants who have experienced sustained, organic growth and looking to appoint a Trainee Accountant.
The key responsibilities for this Trainee Accountant position at a leading accountancy firm based in Swansea are:
- To provide the firm's clients with exceptional service, assisting them in dealing with their compliance needs and continued cloud accounting adaptation;
- You will be encouraged to nurture your relationships with your clients, building trust and ensuring we become their most valuable business partner;
- Processing transactions using cloud-based accounting software, including maintaining the sales and purchase ledgers, nominal ledgers, and processing all bank transactions. To include reconciling all balance sheet accounts;
- Preparation of accounts for limited companies, sole traders, and partnerships;
- Maintaining client books and records on a regular basis, including preparation of VAT returns;
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing clients;
- Report directly to a Manager / Senior Manager;
- Working and liaising with other members in the Business Services team and colleagues in other departments as necessary to provide high-quality client service;
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments within time constraints and set deadlines;
- Able to organise staff subcontracted to or working for them and the ability to appropriately train more junior members of staff; and
- You will also be exposed to supporting the occasional audit.
The Successful Applicant
In order for candidates to be successful when applying for this Trainee Accountant role at a leading accountancy firm in Swansea, you must be:
- AAT qualified and/or ideally in the early stages of studying towards further professional accounting qualifications (ACCA/ACA);
- A minimum of 2 years of practice experience in a professional office;
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time;
- Have a general business awareness gained either in a business-orientated accounts practice;
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team's performance; and
- An excellent communicator with a flair for dealing with various types and quality of accounting records.
What's on Offer
Unique annual leave package;
Supportive team; personal growth and development on offer;