- A market leading distribution company
- Great opportunity to progress in a well established organisation
About Our Client
A market established, organisation delivering bulk liquids across the UK and Europe
My client is the market leading in their industry, distributing bulk liquids across all markets for the whole of the UK. Established over 80 years ago, this business really pride themselves on their people and making sure they have career development and progression within their plan from the very start.
This business employs over 1,000 people across the UK and globally over 6,000 people across 115 countries, turning over, over £1 billion.
The key responsibilities for the Transport Administrator based in Preston will be:
- They will accurately update the transport management systems with any changes to the planned work or resource.
- They will also maintain continuous communication with customer service team regarding any problems that might adversely effect planned loading/delivery times so they can communicate these to the appropriate departments.
- Record receipt of all completed Proof of Deliveries and drivers worksheets for the depot, ensuring all worksheets are scanned to the agencies and all POD's are filed within 5 working days of month end.
- Plan the servicing and MOT for all equipment, in conjunction with Fleet Support, ensuring that all the necessary actions are executed on time
- They will constantly monitor progress of all deliveries and report any delays through the appropriate channels. Proactively anticipate on any possible delays and amend the existing schedule to prevent these delays from happening.
The Successful Applicant
The requirements for the Transport Administrator position is
- Must have experience of working in the transport industry
- Have knowledge/experience in Transport Planning
- Understand the Drivers Hours regulations
- Knowledge of UK Geography
- Good knowledge of different systems
- Be able to work under pressure and manage work load
- Be a good team player
What's on Offer
A great basic salary of £26,000 with bonus's, working a Monday - Friday / working a rotating shift of 10am - 6pm / 12pm-8pm!!