Transport and Operations Manager
Genuine opportunity for quick progression
Competitive salary and benefits
About Our Client
Our client are a leader within the Food srvice Sector.
In the role of Transport Manager you have the following responsibilities:
- Holding the O'licence for the site.
- Responsible for all operational UK Transport from site.
- Responsible for fleet a team of 70+ drivers.
- Fully accountable for the day to day running of the transport function.
- Management of planning, organise and supervise the activities and resources of the Distribution Team across the UK.
- Fully accountable to ensure that the site is legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Manage and work with the teams at the sites to control discipline, attendance and performance levels - service and cost, are in line with Company policy, expectations and transport regulations and legislation.
- Interaction with internal colleagues in internal sales functions and external agencies/contractors/ fleet operators.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in leading a busy and large-scale transport operation. This will include P&L management of the contracts and reporting all KPI's and associated SLA's directly to the customers. To be considered you must be an experienced Logistics professional with either a Degree or with relevant Management CPC. You will be required to demonstrate experience of customer relationship management transport planning and solutions design and vehicles / fleet compliance. Part of your role will be to make the operation as efficient as possible to increase savings and allow the business to grow. This will require good financial and business acumen.
What's on Offer
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits.