Transport Carrier / Contract Manager
Leading E-Commerce Business
Transport Carrier / Contract / Office Manager
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a long standing relationship of ours, a leading UK E-Commerce distributor in Lutterworth, Leicestershire in their search for a Transport Carrier / Contract Manager.
This role will manage all outsourced inbound and outbound transportation activities business wide across various 3rd party Logistics partners. This company remains one of the most identifiable, customer centric and forward thinking within its sector currently operating within a huge period of growth for their business.
The position of the Transport Carrier / Contract Manager will;
- Report into the Head of Logistics (or similar).
- Manage an operational team of c.7 Distribution Administrators.
- Be responsible for managing the day to day carrier relations, interfacing with the 3PL Contract Manager for the 3rd party.
- Manage the successful distribution across a predominately B2C, Home Delivery Transport operation ensuring key SLA's are maintained within the agreed costs.
- Ensure that daily KPI reports are received and of a satisfactory standard.
- Encourage continuous improvement & further develop integrated transport solutions to deliver a premium & cost effective service.
- Be a key influencer at all levels, pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Management of subcontract relationships to support successful business delivery.
- Act as a client interface with all major customers including implementation meetings and customer reviews.
- Highly tolerant of change and able to drive change within an evolving business organisation.
- Be commutable to Lutterworth, Leicestershire.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Transport Carrier / Contract Manager role will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years Transport experience.
- Have worked within a Transport Management, Contract Management or Carrier Management role previously.
- A CPC National / CPC International - Advantageous.
- Experience of working within a Retail or E-Commerce and Home Delivery - Advantageous.
- Be results driven and commercially aware.
- Be a competent user of TMS systems and Microsoft packages including Excel.
You may have worked in a; Transport Shift Manager, Transport Manager, Contract Manager, Account Manager, Transport Carrier Manager, Carrier Manager, 3PL Manager, 3PL Commercial Manager, 3PL Contract Manager, 3PL Carrier Manager, Regional Transport Manager, Logistics Manager or Distribution Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Salary - £33,000 to £35,000
- Company Bonus
- Holiday Package
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Staff Discount Available
- Plus additional Company Benefits.