Transport Carrier Manager
Leading UK Distribution Business
East Midlands Based
About Our Client
Michael Page have partnered with a leading UK distributor in Leicestershire for a Transport Carrier Manager to manage their outsorcued transportation via a number of key logistics partners. This company remains one of the most identifiable and forward thinking, customer centric businesses operating today.
The position of the Transport Carrier Manager will;
- Asses existing transport activity and Carrier relations.
- Re-tender necessary carrier management contracts due.
- Manage the B2B, B2C, Store and E-commerce Transport operations.
- Ensure the effective operation of the Transport function, driving continuous improvements & further develop integrated transport solutions to deliver a premium & cost effective service.
- be responsible for producing, agreeing & managing the Transport budget, accounting for any variances.
- Manage legal compliance of existing fleet.
- Have a detailed knowledge of transport planning and operations in a radial and direct delivery environment including inter depot trunk movements.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the application and benefits delivery of transport systems.
- Good commercial knowledge of transport operations including experience of operating in both an open book and closed book - shared user environment.
- Oversee the company's national distribution network, operating at a senior, strategic level.
- Key influence at all levels, pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Management of subcontract relationships to support successful business delivery.
- Demonstrable change management abilities, ability to work within an evolving organisation and challenge good change in a business.
- Propose, agree & implement service standard agreements for products with customers.
- Client interface with all major customers including implementation meetings and customer reviews.
- Provide effective leadership & direction to the Transport Department, working to tight deadlines.
- Highly tolerant of change and able to drive change within an evolving business organisation.
- Be commutable to Leicestershire.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Transport Carrier Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and supply Chain background.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years logistics experience.
- A CPC National / CPC International qualification would be advantageous.
- Have worked in a; Carrier Manager, 3PL Manager, 3PL Commercial Manager, 3PL Contract Manager, 3PL Carrier Manager, Transport Manager, Regional Transport Manager, Logistics Manager, Distribution Manager, UK Logistics Manager or Head of Logistics role previously.
- Experience in working for a 3PL business would be advantageous.
- Have managed budget in excess of £10m.
- Be results driven and commercially aware.
- Be a competent user of TMS systems and Microsoft packages including Excel.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Salary - £55,000 to £65,000.
- Company Bonus.
- Company Car / Car Allowance.
- Holiday allowance.
- Pension contributions.
- Additional company benefits.