- A luxury goods importer & distributor based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire...
- Transport experience required...
About Our Client
My client is one of the countries largest independent distributors, regularly importing high-value luxury goods from the Far East & the Americas. As a result of COVID, the company has seen huge growth in their online portfolio and have grown their transport fleet accordingly.
The successful Transport Co-ordinator will report into the Transport Manager on daily basis and be based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire:
- Day to day responsibilities will include, but not limited to; daily checks on shipments, POD retrieval, and updating system.
- Liaise with internal departments and external stakeholders to proactively resolve challenges.
- Handling customer enquiries via telephone and email, dealing with both inbound and outbound communication.
- Daily checks on shipments to ensure they have been collected and delivered in line with Customer requirements.
- Working alongside the transport supervisor and supporting the day-to-day planning of vehicles.
- Booking in collections and deliveries.
- Maintain spreadsheets for tracking of daily activities.
- Liaise with drivers & customer service teams regarding ETAs and problem solving.
- Answering the telephone, general admin duties and assisting in the daily running of the office.
- Checking the driver paperwork is accurate and correct.
- Liaising with the warehouse management, visitors and drivers.
- Administration duties include extensive data inputting, filing, keeping staff records up to date.
- Processing and producing delivery labels and loading paperwork.
The Successful Applicant
As a Transport Co-ordinator you will be required to have an excellent knowledge of the transport & logistics industry. You will also have the following qualifications & requirements:
- 2+ years experience in either a transport, logistics or fleet based role.
- Strong attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Experience in operational transport & driver management.
- Commutable to Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
What's on Offer
- Up to 10% bonus
- 25+8 days holiday entitlement
- Company PerkBox account and benefits scheme
- Cycle to work scheme & Childcare vouchers