Transport Contract & Services Manager
Leading UK Business
12 Month Contract Available
About Our Client
I am currently partnering with a well-established business in their search for a Transport Contract & Services Manager, managing the day to day relations between various Transport services providers to the organisation across Leicestershire.
This role is available initially as a 12 month contract position.
This role will require the successful candidate to:
- Report into the Regional Director.
- Manage a small on site team of 3-5 people.
- Manage and maintain relationships with key Transport & Logistics providers.
- Be responsible for delivering a high level of service throughout the distribution arm whilst maintaining a cost focused mindset.
- Manage the customer account on a daily basis with a focus on operational Costs and overall Customer Service.
- Conduct regular reviews with both line reports and the customer.
- Ensure KPI's are met and exceeded on a regular basis, with necessary daily reporting to the customer.
- Have a structured approach to continuous improvement and network development within the wider organisation.
- Commutable to Rutland, Oakham in Leicestershire.
The hours of this position are:
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Flexibility required to suit business needs.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Transport Contract & Services Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have a minimum of 2+ years Transport / Contract management experience.
- Hold a valid CPC National or International qualification - advantageous but not essential.
- Experience within Waste, environmental, passenger transport would be advantageous.
- Have worked within a; Transport Contract Manager, Transport Manager, Operations Manager, Contract Manager, 3PL Commercial Manager, Carrier Manager role previously.
- Have previously implemented a KPI suite within a business / site location.
- Be comfortable in presenting to internal and external parties.
- Be results driven and commercially sound.
What's on Offer
This role offers a great benefits package including:
- Salary - £42,000 to £45,000 (DOE)
- 25 Days + 8 Bank holidays
- Company Pension scheme.
- Plus additional company benefits.