A leading 3PL and Distribution firm, based in the East Midlands
Overseeing all aspects of the distribution and dispatch process
About Our Client
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Transport Coordinator join an established and high performing 3PL company thats seen a huge surge in demand in the eCommerce and retail sector. They have a real focus on growth plans and exciting new innovations in the pipeline and geographic expansion.
The Transport Coordinator or Planner will have experience in the following responsibilities:
- Maintenance and Management of the Transport Management System (TMS).
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- To carry out investigations or incident reports in relation to any vehicle incidents when necessary.
- Conduct return to work interviews, following driver colleague absence
- Ensure all agency drivers are inducted correctly.
- Manage driver briefing / de-briefing including downloading driver cards.
- Co-ordinate drivers managing sickness cover.
The Successful Applicant
The Transport Coordinator or Planner will have experience in:
- Planning or scheduling experience within a 3PL or distribution environment
- Ideally from a 3PL or distribution company
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation.
- knowledge of Health & Safety.
- knowledge of transport systems (Although full training will be given for this system)
- Good communication skills are essential with the ability to express empathy with customers
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential.
- Should be based in Leicester (Leicester, Lutterworth, Hinckley would be commutable)
What's on Offer
Basic salary up to £24,000 - 26,000 (depending on experience)
Should be based in Leicester (Leicester, Lutterworth, Hinckley would be commutable)