Transport General Manager
Leading 3PL Business
CPC Qualification Essential
About Our Client
Michael Page have exclusively partnered with a leading 3PL business in their search for a Transport General Manager, based at their Peterborough DC.
This company have experienced huge periods of growth over the last 3 years, with no sign of letting up anytime soon. After a big contract win being announced, their operation needs strengthening at a senior level to oversee their day to day operations and the company's strategic plans for the next 24 month.
This role has a clear progression route to an Operations Director level for the right person.
The Transport General Manager will be responsible for:
- Reporting into the Operations Director (or similar).
- Managing a team of c.50+ drivers, along with the Transport supervisory, planning and administration teams.
- Ensuring key performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved, including service and financial targets.
- Overseeing the companies continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives / projects.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and Company safety standards.
- Managing the transport budget; taking corrective action where costs are greater than either the budget or volumes allow, and develop continuous improvement programmes.
- Reviewing, maintaining & updating training logs ensuring all staff are available & attend training courses as & when required.
- Complete thorough driver trip Debriefs and manage poor performing drivers.
- Managing drivers hours & ensure legal compliance as per the Working Time Directive & Drivers hours
Using the Gateway system to maintain drivers hours records and Tachographs to include uploads of vehicles & drivers within the required time limits, collate and send charts/envelopes to FTA for analysis.
- Ensure vehicles are available for scheduled maintenance & MOT, with an appropriate replacement to meet the business demand.
- Carryout driving licence, ADR certificate, CPC card checks at the appropriate time. Maintain & review driving licence records.
- Be commutable to Peterborough.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport General Manager will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National / CPC Internationally qualified.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years Transport Management experience.
- Have managed in excess of 50+ drivers previously.
- Have managed budget in excess of £5M.
- Have worked within a 3PL / Food / FMCG environment previously - advantageous but not essential.
- Be commercial aware and results driven.
This person will have likely worked within a; Transport Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager, Transport General Manager, General Manager, Regional Transport Manager or Head of Logistics role previously.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- £45,000 to £55,000 - Depending on experience.
- Company Bonus scheme.
- Company Pension scheme.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Additional Company benefits.