- Leading UK FMCG / Retail Business
- Great Salary & Benefits Package Available
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have exclusively partnered with an exciting new client who are a Leading UK FMCG / Retail business, supporting their search for a Transport General Manager, operating across 2 of their sites in the UK within the Midlands & Home Counties region.
They are an easily recognisable, innovative, and growing company. This role will give the successful candidate a chance to truly flourish within a challenging, dynamic, yet rewarding business. The successful candidate will play a vital part in supporting the business with their upward growth, and with strategic input will influence future effiencies within their UK and European distribution network.
The Transport General Manager Role will require the individual to:
- Reporting into the Transport Director
- Direct reports of 2x Transport Operations Shift Managers, along with an indirect headcount consisting of 8x Team Managers, Admin staff, and circa 150 drivers.
- Manage Transport Operations budget, ensuring added value to the Transport function through cost effective and efficient use of funds.
- To manage the operation within the daily area of responsibility, managing and motivating the team by giving direction and leadership.
- To monitor performance ensuring the depot achieves high performance levels and the efficient and effective provision of a quality service to stores and the customer.
- To ensure that the transport operation achieves the targeted daily and weekly KPIs
- To work as part of a flexible team ensuring high levels of service are achieved and that all staff within the department are aware of their overall responsibilities.
- You will challenge poor and promote good health and safety and environmental practices leading by example
- To provide the store network with a first class service.
- Encourage two way feedback and ideas aimed at improving work practices
- Ensure that the department complies with Road Traffic Act legislation
- Monitor performance, timekeeping, overtime and sickness levels of drivers and take appropriate action.
- To manage and maintain all yard operations ensuring a team of load co-ordinaters and shunters deliver an efficient and timely shunt/yard function.
- Be commutable to Milton Keynes.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Transport General Manager role will have the following skills and experience:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply chain background.
- Have over 5 years of Transport Management experience - Essential
- Experience in managing fleets of over 100 vehicles - Essential
- Road Haulage Management CPC qualification - Essential
- Experience of working within the transport sector, preferably within a Retail / FMCG / Food / In-house environment and full knowledge of transport legislation - Essential
- Experience of supervising / managing a team in a fast paced and often reactive environment - Essential
- Experience in managing direct reports of management level - Essential
- Excellent Customer Service awareness
- Commercially astute
- Strong Health & Safety experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- PC literate and able to use full Microsoft Package
- Ability to work on own initiative and meet required deadlines
- Be commutable to Milton Keynes.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- Salary - £60,000 to £70,000.
- Company Bonus Scheme - 10%.
- Holidays - 28 Days.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Private Medical Cover.
- Plus additional company benefits.