Knowledge of FORS accreditation - Desirable
About Our Client
My exclusive client, a leading haulage company based in the heart of Derbyshire require a Transport Manager for their flagship operation.
- Ensure all aspects of DVSA and compliant and adhered to.
- Be commercially aware to ensure all haulier & maintenance contracts kept up to date.
- Ensure a thorough and compliant onbarding process of all drivers is delivered.
- Maximise the efficient of the company and complete fleet operation.
- Ensure the Operators' licence is up to date, vehicle and trailer numbers are maintained and amended when required.
- Coach and deliver a high performing team that works proactively to achieve key KPI's.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of health and safety.
- Have an ability to embrace personal challenge and overcome obstacles.
The Successful Applicant
The successful transport manager will;
- Be experienced in running a large transport operation of 100 vehicles +.
- Hold a managers CPC - essential.
- Knowledge of FORS accreditation - desirable.
- Prior experience of being named on the 'O' Licensce - essential.
- Experience of P+L responsibility.
- A strong commercial mindset
- Strong analytical skills.
- At least 3+ years experience as a Transport Manager.
- A logistics distribution and supply chain background.
- Live within a commutable distance of Derbyshire.
What's on Offer
On offer for the successful candidate will be;
- A base salary of £45,000 - £55,000.
- Company car / car allowance.
- Competitive company bonus scheme.
- Pension contribution.
- Additional company benefits.