£33,000 - £37,000
Great development opportunities.
About Our Client
My client, a leading distribution business is looking for a Transport Manager to oversee their multi-drop operation out of their flagship site in Bradford.
- Report to the General Manager.
- Hold the O'licence for the site.
- Responsible for all operational UK Transport from site.
- Responsible for fleet a team of 15+ drivers.
- Fully accountable for the day to day running of the transport function.
- Management of planning, organise and supervise the activities and resources of the Distribution Team across the UK.
- To be fully accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- Accountable for achieving agreed KPI's and Business Targets by maintaining and monitoring the effectiveness of deliveries.
- Manage and work with the teams at the sites to control discipline, attendance and performance levels - service and cost, are in line with Company policy, expectations and transport regulations and legislation.
- Interaction with internal colleagues in internal sales functions and external agencies/contractors/ fleet operators.
The Successful Applicant
- An effective communicator, capable of setting standards and delivering performance through others
- National CPC Holder - ESSENTIAL
- Successful, proven background in a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector (ideally as a Transport Operations Manager).
- Extensive experience of managing a transport operation.
- Experience in managing SQAS, ISO, FORS & DVSA Earned Recognition accreditation's
- Proficient IT Skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of transport legislation and drivers hours rules.
- Live within a commutable distance of Bradford.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary of £33,000 - £37,000
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Generous Holiday Entitlement