- Family run FMCG business
- Rapidly Growing Transport Operation
About Our Client
My Client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are a family run business in the FMCG sector who are established and rapidly growing.
The Transport Manager in Newquay will be responsible for...
- Take the lead role in planning, costing and allocating routes and vehicles ensuring sufficient flexibility is in place to meet the varying and changing needs of customers.
- Manage the rota and shift patterns for the transport team to ensure sufficient resource is available in line with company plans. Including management of holiday and absence.
- Ensure that all in house vehicles are compliant with all legal, regulatory and contractual requirements, and where necessary escalating any identified issues and recommending resolution.
- Develop and implement a proactive, planned and structured approach to the maintenance of fleet vehicles, keeping within the designated budget and ensuring all vehicles used are fit for purpose and the customer experience is of a high standard.
- Ensuring transport staff deliver the service appropriate to the changing needs of customers in line with relevant guidance and individual risk assessments.
- Manage and communicate KPI's for transport department.
- Manage transport systems.
- Manage and develop a team of drivers and transport supervisors, who may be working remotely, either alone or in small teams, in order to deliver a high quality service to customers. Including management and implementation of the capability and disciplinary process as required.
- Ensure all drivers and operators have correct and up to date qualifications. Manage the training requirements for the transport team to ensure compliance and sufficient resource is available.
- To take the lead in resolving unforeseen problems as they arise ensuring appropriate resolution of these and to utilise the learning to plan for future similar scenarios.
- Manage and oversee operational health and safety requirements.
- To work as a member of the company management team, undertaking delegated tasks and responsibilities in line with the emerging needs and operational requirements of the service, including where necessary the contracting out of transport provision to other transport providers
- To ensure high standards of service delivery through the consistent application of recognised standards and established policies, procedures and practices.
- To work in a safe and effective manner at all times
The Successful Applicant
The Transport Manager must have...
- CPC qualified
- Previous experience within a Transport Manager role in a FMCG Operation
- Experience of managing budgets & contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to plan and navigate journeys confidently
- Experience of vehicle maintenance
- Knowledge of fleet operating systems
- Knowledge of road transport and relevant environmental legislation.
- Local area knowledge (Southwest) is preferred
- Knowledge of transport methods, costs and benefits
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive...
- A competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Monday-Friday Day Shifts