- Leading 3PL Provider
- CPC National / International Desirable
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a long standing client of ours in Derby, they successfully operate throughout the UK within a 3PL capacity.
The Transport Manager will be responsible for:
- Reporting into the Site General Manager.
- Managing a team of c.40+ drivers, along with a management structure including Transport Supervisors & Planners.
- Ensuring key performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved, including service and financial targets.
- Overseeing the companies continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives / projects.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and Company safety standards.
- Managing the transport budget; taking corrective action where costs are greater than either the budget or volumes allow, and develop continuous improvement programmes.
- Reviewing, maintaining & updating training logs ensuring all staff are available & attend training courses as & when required.
- Complete thorough driver trip Debriefs and manage poor performing drivers.
- Managing drivers hours & ensure legal compliance as per the Working Time Directive & Drivers hours
Using the Gateway system to maintain drivers hours records and Tachographs to include uploads of vehicles & drivers within the required time limits, collate and send charts/envelopes to FTA for analysis.
- Ensure vehicles are available for scheduled maintenance & MOT, with an appropriate replacement to meet the business demand.
- Be commutable to the Derbyshire area.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Transport Manager position will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National / CPC Internationally qualified - Desirable, not Essential.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years Transport Management experience - Essential.
- Have worked within a fast paced sector previously - 3PL / Haulage / Food / FMCG - Advantageous.
- Have managed in excess of 40+ drivers previously - Essential.
- Be service driven and commercial aware.
This person will have likely worked within a; Transport Shift Manager, Transport Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Logistics Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager or Transport General Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
This role offers:
- £40,000 to £50,000 - DOE.
- Company Bonus scheme.
- Company Pension scheme.
- 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Additional Company benefits.