Leading E-Commerce Business
Monday - Friday Days Position
About Our Client
Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a long standing relationship of ours, a leading UK E-Commerce distributor in Lutterworth, Leicestershire in their search for a Transport Manager.
This role will manage all outsourced inbound and outbound transportation activities business wide across various 3rd party Logistics partners. This company remains one of the most identifiable, customer centric and forward thinking within its sector currently operating within a huge period of growth for their business.
The Transport Manager will be responsible for:
- Reporting into the General Manager (or similar).
- Managing a team of c.10+ Transport, Distribution & Customer Service colleagues.
- Ensuring key performance Indicators (KPIs) are achieved by the 3rd party providers, including service and financial targets.
- Overseeing the companies continuous improvement and process improvement initiatives / projects.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and Company safety standards.
- Providing a supporting role in managing the transport budget; taking corrective action where costs are greater than either the budget or volumes allow, and develop continuous improvement programmes.
- Reviewing, maintaining & updating training logs ensuring all staff are available & attend training courses as & when required.
- Be commutable to the Lutterworth, Leicester.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Transport Manager position will have the following qualifications, skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be CPC National / CPC Internationally qualified - Advantageous.
- Have a minimum of 3+ years Transport Management experience - Essential.
- Have worked within a fast paced sector previously - E-Commerce, 3PL, Food, FMCG previously - Advantageous.
- Have managed in excess of 10+ staff previously - Essential.
- Exposure of working in a customer facing role - Contract Manager, Carrier Manager, Account Manager role previously would be advantageous.
- Be commercial aware and results driven.
This person will have likely worked within a; Transport Shift Manager, Transport Manager, Transport Operations Manager, Carrier Manager, Contract Manager,m Logistics Manager, Depot Manager or Site Manager role previously.
What's on Offer
This position offers:
- Salary - £32,500 to £35,000.
- Bonus - Up to 10%.
- Holidays - 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Plus additional company benefits.