- A well established company with clear progression levels
- Great opportunity to progress in a well established organisation
About Our Client
A well established food catering business that distribute worldwide with a strong customer base.
The key responsibilities for the Transport Manager based in Manchester will be are:
- Working with customer schedules, planning routes and scheduling delivery times for the transport operations.
- Liaise with the General Manager and create Staff rosters, manage work hours, ensure effective holiday planning and manpower planning
- Ensure the transport teams are aware of their responsibilities related to food safety, health and safety and security in the workplace and have the minimum qualifications and training to work in their respective roles.
- Managing a team of Team Leaders, drivers, Loaders.
- Making sure the operation meets its targets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for this position will have the following requirements:
- Previous experience as a Transport Manager
- Must have a valid CPC
- Ideally hold a Class 2 (C) License
- Previous experience of managing and leading mid-sized teams
- Hands-on and proactive approach with a positive "can do" attitude and team player
- Previous experience in a Food environment would be a distinct advantage
What's on Offer
A great salary up to £44,000 + benefits working a Monday - Friday day shift!