- Long Standing Manufacturer
- Established International Business
About Our Client
Our client are an industry leading global manufacturing organisation looking for a transport manager in Manchester
- Organise and control the effective supervision of all transport key activities within the depot against the targets set.
- Manage the company's legal requirements of monitoring taco graphs on behalf of the General Manager
- Regularly report on results, agree and ensure remediable action where required.
- Appraise train and develop staff both directly and through line managers.
- Ensure through the transport activities the site operates within company policy and legal requirements at all times.
- Ensure that the depot operates within the stated company quality assurance procedures. Ensure the regular monitoring and delivery of customer service targets.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks or duties assigned by the appropriate line managers from time to time, related to the effective and efficient performance of the job, and providing they are within the post holders skills and ability.
- Comply and promote all statutory and company safety policies and instigate work practices, which results in a safe and healthy workplace.
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Deputise in the absence of the General Manager for any logistics related responsibilities
The Successful Applicant
- Develop and maximise a profit driven operation
- Motivate and develop a team, including succession planning
- Manage people through effective appraisals, training and discipline and grievance policies.
- Organise and supervise the day-to-day operations of the depot transport activities
- Problem solve
- Prioritise, delegate and monitor
- Communicate well with all interfaces and relationships
- Delegate, set targets and monitor results
- HGV licence Appropriate Health and Safety qualification - IOSH, COSHH
- CPC Certificate
- ADR qualifications
- Achieved or working towards supervisory management qualification with the Institute of Supervisory Management
What's on Offer
The transport Manager salary of upto £45,000 depending on experience
Excellent benefits package
Generous holiday allowance
Commutable from Manchester