- Market Leading Supply Chain Provider
- Career Progression and Development
About Our Client
My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are a marketing leading Supply Chain provider. This role is based on a established long term contract that is going through significant growth.
The Transport Operations Manager in Swindon will be responsible for...
- Direct responsibility for the dedicated transport operation
- Manage and coordinate the work activities within your team.
- To ensure all deliveries and collections meet the required contractual performance standards.
- To proactively manage the daily within the contract.
- Take responsibility for health and safety and the co-ordination of associated activities.
- Ensure a customer focused approach whilst being responsive to customer requirements. Create excellence in customer relationship management by improving the service offered.
- Work closely with the Logistics management team keeping them informed of any changes and initiatives taken on continuous improvement or cost changes.
- Assist with budget preparation with the Logistics management team as required.
- To ensure absence and holiday cover is in place for the role and also assist in absentee and holiday cover where required.
- To ensure good quality communication with the customer on a day to day basis and to deliver any agreed actions required to keep the operation efficient.
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced.
- Deliver team member performance reviews and develop or secession planning as appropriate.
- Managing customer perception through meeting service levels, ensuring service failures are communicated effectively and that recurring issues are resolved.
- To ensure that the transport function is legally compliant by ensuring correct compliance processes are in place, and monitored within the 0-license regulations.
- To ensure the correct use of agency, own fleet/hire vehicles and subcontracted are optimised in line with business requirements (i.e. resource levels are appropriate for the volumes).
- To monitor transport operation activities ensuring that contractual obligations for the customer are achieved, generating solutions for improvement where necessary.
The Successful Applicant
The Transport Operations Manager must have...
- Previous experience managing a large Transport Operation
- CPC required
- Have managed a large fleet of 100+ class 1 vehicles
- Detailed and thorough understanding of legal requirements within Transport and Logistics
- Good knowledge of health and safety and human resources issues
What's on Offer
The Transport Operations Manager will receive...
- A salary of up to £55,000 depending on experience
- Car Allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Life Assurance
- 25+8 Days Holiday