Transport Operations Manager
£40,000 - £45,000
IOSH / NEEBOSH Desirable
About Our Client
I am currently supporting a market leader in their search for an Transport Operations Manager. The business has maintained growth throughout 2020 as part of an exciting 5 year growth plan.
- Provide strong management and leadership with effective coaching and mentoring to create a highly motivated and results focused workforce with a commitment to delivering service excellence for customers
- Stringent understanding and adherence to all compliance & SSHEQ requirements, ensuring the Company's exemplary safety culture is upheld and enforced.
- Effectively communicating with all key stakeholders both internally and externally, to ensure up to date and accurate information is delivered throughout
- Effective management and development of the Driver Workforce to ensure that all drivers are fully trained, competent and are capable of carrying out their duties and responsibilities safely and effectively.
- Build strong customer relationships and introduce innovative solutions to demonstrate how we add value to customer operations
- Direct responsibility for SSHEQ performance, Incident Reporting and Incident Management for your depot.
The Successful Applicant
- An effective communicator, capable of setting standards and delivering performance through others
- International CPC Holder - ESSENTIAL
- Successful, proven background in a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector (ideally as a Transport Operations Manager).
- Extensive experience of managing a transport operation.
- Experience in managing SQAS, ISO, FORS & DVSA Earned Recognition accreditation's
- Proficient IT Skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of transport legislation and drivers hours rules, both UK and EU
- Live within a commutable distance of Middlesbrough.
What's on Offer
- Basic Salary of £40,000 - £45,000 DOE
- Company Car / Car Allowance (£4,500)
- 25 + 8 days Holiday Entitlement
- Pension Contribution