- A transport and network optimisation planning opportunity across logistics!
- 2 days per week from Nottingham office, 3 days from home...
About Our Client
My client is a market leader in distribution and high-end manufacturing across the United Kingdom. The business have over 50,000 employees in every continent across the world and turnover in excess of £20 billion dollars. The business are currently moving forward with hybrid working. This role would be based 2 days a week in the office and could be based with 3 days from home.
As a Transport Optimisation Analyst you will report into the Logistics Planning & Solutions Director on a daily basis. Through the use of transport planning and scenario modelling software, plan transport routes for the UK distribution network. Efficiency opportunities will be identified across both the final mile network and the primary network linking our central picking operations to our distribution centres across the UK. You will execute a plan of periodic reviews of the routes to ensure they are delivering maximum service in the most efficient way.
You will have the following key responsibilities:
- Maintain a model of the existing routes across the network, making sure all data is kept as accurate and up to date as possible
- Review the allocation of customers to distribution sites
- Support the Transport Optimisation Manager and in developing strategic initiatives and Project work. Undertake a number of routine administrative duties with regards to certain aspects of the business
- Review drivers schedules ensuring drivers' hours comply with legislation.
- Investigate customer service delivery issues, provide prompt feedback and suggest remedial actions
- Work closely with the local transport managers to drive efficiencies across the transport operations promoting a culture of continuous improvement. Support the local teams during implementation of new routing solution to ensure any issues are resolved in the moment and built into the final solution
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Optimisation Analyst will have a myriad of experience within the transport & distribution planning sector. You will have the drive to succeed, manage change, along with the following attributes:
- 3+ years transport planning, optimisation and/or network experience.
- Good presentation, analytical and commercial skills.
- Experience of developing efficiencies within a transport planning network of HGV, LGV or Vans.
- Commutable to Nottingham 2 days per week.
- Ability to work in a climate of continuous change and development.
What's on Offer
- 5% pension contributions
- 10-16% bonus scheme - payable twice per year
- 33 days annual leave
- Optional car allowance with length of service