- A leading transport & distribution business
- Based in Swadlincote - 37.5 hours per week...
About Our Client
My client is a market leader in the transport & distribution manufacturing sector. They have world-wide offices with hubs based across major cities in Europe and North America. The business is traded on the FTSE-250 and is growing at a rapid pace!
The successful Transport Planner will report into the Transport Manager on a daily basis and cover the following areas of responsibility across the Burton-on-Trent operation:
- Conduct Day 1 for Day 2 Planning on a variety of HGV & LGV vehicles across the UK.
- Taking ownership for escalations from transport suppliers, EU Gateways and our European partners ensuring that issues are concluded and communicated accordingly.
- Manage UK Delivery and Collection orders requested by our partner business.
- Manage Drivers Hours in accordance with the WTD.
- Close liaison with third party suppliers, and our European partners to chase and progress PODs, ensuring all shipments capture POD information.
- Liaise with a large host of transport suppliers across the UK and EU transport networks.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Planner will commute to the Swadlincote, Derbyshire operation on a daily basis and have the following skills and attributes:
- 3+ years experience in EU or UK road transport operations
- Experienced in transport planning for over 15+ vehicles.
- High levels of customer service skills
- Commutable to Swadlincote, Derbyshire
What's on Offer
- Opportunities to conduct the position full-time.
- Company bonus scheme
- Up to 10% bonus