A exciting opportunity with one of the world's largest automotive businesses!
Transport Planning 150 loads, on a Day 1 for Day 2 basis in Doncaster...
About Our Client
My client is one of the world leaders in the automotive distribution sector. Their office, in the Doncaster area, is rapidly expanding and thus requires experience Transport Planners to join them!
The successful Transport Planner will report directly into the Transport Operations Manager and help oversee and challenge both operational and strategic objectives. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Manage the transport planning of over 150+ individual loads on a Day 1 for Day 2 basis.
- Ensure KPI's are achieved with regards to: profitability, on-time deliveries, carrier management
- Ensure all loads are planned quickly, efficiently in line with current SLA's across the carrier network
- Ability to manage a large carrier base, ensuring both quality and service expectations are met.
- Provide strategic analysis of carrier KPI's to management and align expectations.
- Ensuring plans are in keeping with the Working Time Directive
The Successful Applicant
As a Transport Planner you will be fully responsible for the network planning of around 3000 loads per week. You will additionally have the following skills sets and attributes:
- 3+ years experience within a Transport Planning environment
- Managing a personal work-load of over 150 loads per day, on a Day 1 for Day 2 basis
- Knowledge of managing sub-contracted drivers
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours / Working Time-Regulations
- Commutable to Doncaster
- CPC would be advantageous but not essential
What's on Offer
- 25+8 days holiday
- Optional bonus - up to 10%