Rapidly growing Family Run business
Opportunity for Progression and Development
About Our Client
My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector. They are a family run business going through an exciting period of growth.
The Transport Planner in Highbridge will be responsible for...
- To ensure that vehicles are routed and planned in a cost effective, efficient way taking into account all legal aspects of Operator Licensing
- Organise driving staff rotas in line with Drivers Hours Regulations and Working Time Directive
- Ensure vehicles are planned to accommodate routine maintenance and MOT's
- Support the planning, loading and dispatch of vehicles
- Day to day driver management.
- Ensure all drivers are de-briefed daily.
- Support the wider team in answering incoming phone calls and emails
- To assist in the roll out of any new procedures and working practices within the Transport function including training requirements
- Deal with queries regarding deliveries from both internal and external stakeholders
- Supervise driving staff including Health and Safety in the area
- Assist with implementing new policies and keeping abreast of transport legislation
- Build strong working relationships with 3PL providers
- Source for the most efficient and cost effective 3PL providers
The Successful Applicant
The Transport Planner must have...
- Previous experience working within a Transport and Distribution operation
- Previous experience working with drivers
- Previous experience working with 3PL providers
- General IT knowledge to include Excel and Word
- Excellent self-motivation and able to work under own supervision
- Team player with the ability to instil confidence and drive in others
- The ability to co-ordinate a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with management, drivers and suppliers
- Flexibility - the ability to adapt and cope with the unexpected
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of between £20,000 and £25,000 depending on experience
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to be part of a growing, family run business