Leading 3PL Provider
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
About Our Client
A leading 3PL distributor, based in Coalville are actively strengthening their Transport division with the addition of an experienced Transport Planner. This business operates within a multi-user contracted client base across a broad product range.
The position offers a great package, a rewarding and enjoyable working environment and fantastic opportunities to progress within the company.
The role of the Transport Planner - 3PL - will be to:
- Responsible for all operational UK Transport from site.
- Responsible for fleet a team of 20+ drivers.
- Maintenance and Management of the Transport Management System (TMS).
- Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
- Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner.
- To be fully accountable to ensure that the sites are legally compliant at all times, this will include servicing & maintenance, driver's hours, tacho downloads both driver and vehicle unit along with all training - drivers CPC, MHE and manual handling.
- Develop back haul lanes with both BDL depots and 3rd party customers whilst maintaining fleet utilization.
- Source local agency drivers as and when required providing an accurate brief of job required.
- Source local sub-contractors as and when required.
- Be commutable to Coalville, Leicester
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the Transport Planner, position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- 3+ Years of Transport Planning experience with knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation
- Have managed in excess of 15 drivers previously
- Financial overview with a set target of earnings per route
- Groupage planning experience
- Have a good understanding of legal compliance
- Have great communication skills both written and verbal.
What's on Offer
Transport Planner - 3PL - position offers:
- Salary - £30,000 - £35,000
- Pension Contributions.
- Holiday Allowances.
- Plus additional company benefits.