- Great opportunity to join a growing family run business
- Training offered for the right individual
About Our Client
My client is a growing Retailer who are based within the Hereford area. They are within the Logistics Distribution and Supply chain sector.
The Key Responsibilities for the Transport Planner will be;
- Reporting to the Warehouse & Distribution business
- Produce a daily transport plan that is both practical and achievable ensuring minimal cost and maximum profitability.
- Plan to ensure that customer service criteria requirements are always met.
- Assign drivers as appropriate to meet collection/delivery schedules.
- Ensure that the plan is clearly communicated to all necessary parties and maintain regular contact with both internal and external customers.
- Liaise very closely with the Warehouse and Transport teams to achieve the most effective plan.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Planner;
- Experience of working in Transport Planning or Administration.
- Analytical skills.
- Great UK Geographical knowledge
- Good general PC skills.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure in a time critical environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external customers.
- Reliable, enthusiastic and flexible in approach.
- Working knowledge of Paragon would be advantageous although full training will be given.
- Will include an element of weekend working in peak periods
Working Hours are 11:00pm - 19:00pm Monday to Friday
This role is based in Hereford , it would be a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to start or rejoin their career in Logistics or a Transport Administrator looking to progress their career.
What's on Offer
For the successful Transport Planner you will receive;
Salary - £30,000 - £35,000
£800 allowance p/a
Holidays 25 + Bank Holidays