Transport Section Manager (Nights)
One of the most exicting and fastest growing FMCG businesses locally!
Huge opportunities for progression and further career development
About Our Client
My client is an established household name, and sector leading, within food and FMCG distribution. They are currently expanding their operations near to Doncaster. As one of the highest remunerating companies in the sector, they are actively searching for only the highest calibre talent to join their new start-up operation.
If you are successful in your application to become a Transport Section Manager (Nights), you will report directly into the Site Warehouse Manager on a daily basis ad have the following responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for a team of 30+ operations colleagues and 3x direct line supervisors.
- Implementing staff rotas, holiday schedules and deployment plans for all employees.
- Ensure complete adherence to health and safety of the site.
- Select ways of implementing methods of CI to ensure ever-increasing efficencies are achieved within your tight-knit team.
- Ensure that company ethics, morals, and above all rewards and recognition are observed across the team.
- We are actively recruiting for two separate shift patterns. Both are within a 5 from 7 shift pattern, but are upon a nights opportunity.
The Successful Applicant
In order gain a positive response in this Transport Section Manager (Nights) application you will desirably hold the following skills and experiences:
- 3+ years experience in warehouse operations management of teams exceeding 30+ direct report.
- Desirable experience would include chilled, ambient, or frozen distribution
- 3PL or large corporate logistics experience would be advantageous
- Degree level education (BSc, BA, BEng, etc) would be beneficial.IOSH, NEBOSH, HACCP would be desirable.
- Commutable to the wider Doncaster area.
- A strong grounding in CI or Kaizen based improvement projects.
- Six-Sigma qualifications or experience would increase chances of success.
- Experience of project start-ups or automated warehousing.
- Overall the role would suit established Team Leader's, Supervisor, First Line Managers and Shift Managers, currently within the logistics sector.
What's on Offer
The successful Warehouse Section Manager (Nights) will fulfil either a nights or days shift pattern of their choosing. The package on offer will provide the following remuneration:
- £44,000 rising to £51,000 after 2 years (Nights).
- 5 weeks' annual leave plus standard Bank Holiday Allowance.
- Competitive bonuses.
- Excellent opportunities for progression