Transport Section Manager (Nights)
A exciting opportunity with one of the world's fastest growing FMCG retailers!
Transport managerial candidates with the desire to grow and succeed need apply!
About Our Client
My client is a market leader in the FMCG and Food distribution logistics sub-sectors. The company has numerous sites across the United Kingdom and has observed strong year-on-year growth of their business over past years. The business is currently under-going much inward investment and looking to grow its operational footprint across the United Kingdom. You will ideally have experience in managing a large fleet of 120+ vehicles; managing in a unionised environment, budgetary and CI projects experience.
The successful candidate will report directly into the overall Site Manager and will be responsible for the entire operation upon a mixed shift pattern. As a Transport Section Manager (Nights) you will have a workforce of two Supervisors, a mixture of Administration / Planning staff, numerous warehouse-hands and a team of around 30 drivers with 120+ trailers.
The key account abilities for the post-holder will be as follows:
- People Management - development / training of staff and enforcing HR procedures
- Continuous Improvement - looking to develop current network efficiencies
- Managing all stakeholders - with a strong emphasis upon continuing strong relationships with the union.
- Monitoring and managing of all KPI's across the Depot
- Responsible for all transport compliance and the safe transit of all goods in line with regulations.
- Engagement with a large P&L / budgetary responsibility.
The Successful Applicant
Shift times are a mixed pattern for the Transport Section Manager (Nights); as you will dedicate the pace and overall operational success of the business. You will be required to have the following skills and experience and the ability to commute to the Rotherham area:
- Desirable - CPC Qualified - ideally National & International - competent in transport legalisation
- Budgetary responsibilities - experience managing a large P&L
- Experience managing in operations with over 40+ vehicles
- Proven history managing 360 degree HR processes
- Experience upholding and raising KPI achievements
- Experience managing large teams in a strongly unionised environment
- History of delivering proven CI Projects and Network Efficiency Improvements.
- Ideally educated to a Degree Level
- Qualified in either IOSH or NEBOSH health & safety.
- Member of recognised associations is advantageous (i.e - CILT)
What's on Offer
- £42,000-£47,000 in salary.
- Access to the company personalised management development scheme.
- 5 weeks annual leave per annum.
- 5% pension contributions.
- Private healthcare.
- Access to the company bonus scheme of up to 10% annually.