- An opportunity to join a fast growing retail & e-commerce business!
- Opportunity starting almost immediately...
About Our Client
My client is a leading multi-national, 3PL business, based in Chellaston, Derby. Due to unprecedented amounts of growth in the retail sector, they are actively looking for candidates to join them to help grow their transport planning & supervision offering across the network.
The successful Transport Shift Manager (Nights) will report into the Transport Manager on a daily basis. You will work a variety of nights shifts from an any 5 from 7 shift pattern.
- To support the management of a fleet of drivers and transport support staff ensuring that they work within both legal and company compliance guidelines.
- To provide a store network with a first class service
- To ensure operational targets are met on a weekly and monthly basis through effective use of the customers Integrated Transport Management Systems
- To brief / de brief drivers at the start and end of every shift communicating planned requirements providing information on performance, company news and procedures.
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship on site with the union and union representatives.
- Ensure drivers comply with health and safety regulation
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Shift Manager (Nights) will be available within a weeks' notice and commutable of Chellaston, Derby. You will also have the following skills and attributes:
- 3+ years experience of Transport Supervisor and/or planning.
- Ideally CPC (International) qualified would be advantageous.
- Experience managing 25+ drivers
- Ability to start work almost immediately
- Commutable of Chellaston, Derby.
What's on Offer
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Company pension scheme