- Excellent opportunity for progression to Transport Manager inside 2 years
- Based in Newark, Nottinghamshire
About Our Client
My client is a giant of the food and FMCG distribution sub-sector and over the last decade have become a household name across the UK and Europe. With an operation historically based in the South-East of England, my client has rapidly expanded into the Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire area over the last three years. The successful candidate will be placed on a fast-track scheme to reach full Transport Manager within the two years.
As a Transport Shift Manager you will be the day-to-day operational transport expert, reporting into a strategic Transport Manager on site. You will cover the following key responsibilities:
- Be the main point of contact for transport queries between the working hours of 08:00-17:00
- Active management of a Fleet of 80+ HGV vehicles.
- Reviewing and ensuring the maximum utilisation of your fleet of vehicles.
- Ensuring overall transport compliance in line with VOSA regulations.
- Management of a team of 4x Supervisors and over 80+ drivers on a daily basis.
- HR related queries - 1-to-1's, Payroll, Disciplinary matters, RTW's.
- A main point of contact for the customer service's team and the transport operation.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Shift Manager will have a strong transport orientated background, whilst having a proven history of colleague and driver engagement at the highest levels. You will also require the following skills and attributes:
- Desirable - CPC Qualified.
- Ability to operate upon a fixed (Monday to Friday) 08:00-17:00
- Experience managing upwards of 50+ drivers.
- History with servicing and maintenance schedules of HGV vehicles.
- Monitoring and active analysis of driver hours, WTR and Tacho regulations.
- A proven motivator, who is passionate about driving both customer and colleague engagement.
- Proven experience of operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Commutable to Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
What's on Offer
- £35,000-£40,000 (Opportunity to progress to Transport Manager)
- £4,000 annual bonus
- £5,000 in company shares
- 33 days annual leave
- Potential to gain CPC qualification