- Excellent opportunity for a Transport Shift Manager to work for a leading 3PL
- Excellent career progression opportunities.
About Our Client
A Leading 3PL
The key responsibilities for the Transport Shift Manager will be are:
- To manage and motivate your team by giving clear direction and leadership, monitoring performance to assist and support the Transport Manager and ensure the depot achieves high performance levels and the efficient and effective provision of a quality service to stores and the customer.
- To ensure that the transport operation achieves the targeted daily and weekly KPIs
- To work together as part of a team to ensure high levels of service are achieved, ensure all new starters within the department are aware of their overall responsibilities including the environment and health and safety. You will challenge poor and promote good health and safety and environmental practices leading by example encouraging colleague's performance in any given role and process.
- You will use as part of your duty any systems, equipment and methods including computer related software as may be introduced to further the performance of your duty. Accept new systems, methods and technology together with associated training.
- To provide the store network with a first-class service working to their way, ensuring the department operates within the legal constraints of the site operator's licence.
- Monitor and review driver's tachographs for compliance with the law and Company procedures.
- Conduct spot checks on activity sheets, tachos, and driver's daily vehicle checks to ensure full compliance with set procedures
- Ensure maintenance records and procedures are adhered to, in line with company and legislative requirements to ensure full compliance Achieve satisfactory audits
- Ensure that the department complies with Road Traffic Act legislation
- Administering the vehicle and trailer maintenance program.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Experience of working within a transport environment with full knowledge of transport legislation.
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of transport driver targets
- Experience of supervising / managing a team
- Experience of working within a unionised environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- CPC would be a distinct advantage but not essential
What's on Offer
A great salary paying £34,000 + benefits working a rotating Tuesday - Saturday followed by a Mon - Friday 9am - 5pm!!