- Working for one of the UK's largest 3PL companies.
- The opportunity to progress your career within an ever expanding industry.
About Our Client
The client are one of the UK's largest 3PL companies working across a broad spectrum of contracts comprising of everything from e-commerce to industrial.
The key responsibilities of the Transport Team Manager in Cheshire will be;
- Directly managing the team that report into them.
- Ensuring that the transport team follow health & safety procedures complying with safe systems of work.
- Cultivating a health & safety culture that encourages follow best practice by setting the tone through your own example.
- Reporting and investigating accidents and near-misses immediately and thoroughly, updating RIVO and following the Golden Hour rule.
- Monitoring the performance and development of the team providing motivation and direction through excellent leadership.
- Conducting absence review meetings, occupational health referrals and return to work meetings.
- Manage the team's attendance and being the point of contact for pay queries.
- Effectively communicating with drivers encouraging two-way feedback of ideas for improvement of working practices and operational issues.
- Completing KPI reports accurately and on time along with proactively driving CI opportunities.
- Conducting spot checks of activity sheets, tachographs and daily vehicle checks for drives to make sure they are compliant with with procedures.
- Managing delivery schedules to achieve targets and KPIs.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate for the role of Transport Team Manager will be;
- Health & safety focused.
- Experience using Oracle or similar.
- Be from a transport background.
- Have experience using Microlise and Tachomaster
- Be experienced in managing drivers and driver compliance.
- Able to manage KPIs and targets.
- Experience in CI implementation.
- Previous experience managing within a Unionised environment.
- Proactive in seeking out self-development opportunities offered by the company.
What's on Offer
The successfully candidate for the role of Transport Team Manager will receive;
- A salary of up to £31,000 p/a.
- An employee discount scheme with money off high-street retailers, restaurants, flights and insurance.
- Free on site parking.