Transport Team Manager
Huge 3PL business
Great progression opportunity
About Our Client
My client is a leading 3PL with multiple sites and customers across the UK. This particular site is a multi temperature food distribution centre. Looking for a Transport Team Manager for their site in Macclesfield
The key responsibilites for this Transport Team Managr role in Macclesfield are:
- Supporting the management of a fleet of drivers and transport support staff ensuring that they work within company guidelines.
- Providing regular updates to the customer
- Ensuring key performance targets are met on a weekly and monthly basis
- To brief / de brief drivers at the start and end of every shift communicating planned requirements
- Proactively encourage a positive and constructive relationship on site with the union and union representatives.
- Increase communication with stores
- Ensure department complies with Road Traffic Act
- Ensure drivers comply with health and safety regulations
- Proactively motivate the transport team by providing guidance and encouragement
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Team Manager for this role in Macclesfield will have:
- Experience of working within a transport environment.
- Experience in a multi temperature distribution environment
- Knowledge of transport legislation.
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages would be an advantage
- Experience of supervising / managing a team
- Experience of disciplinary / grievance procedures.
- Ability to work on your own initiative, working to strict deadlines
- The depot operates 24/7 therefore it is essential that you are flexible in your approach to work.
What's on Offer
Salary is competitive