- Leading 3PL provider.
- Competitive salary & benefits on offer.
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading 3PL provider based in Southampton.
The key responsibilities of the successful Transport Team Manager will include:
- Proactively motivating the team to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement;
- To ensure the operation achieves targeted daily and weekly KPIs, through effective use of the planning / scheduling information available;
- To ensure the department operates within the legal constraints of the sites operators license;
- Ensure the operation complies with the Road Traffic Act;
- Ensure the Site complies with health and safety legislation;
- Assist in the recruitment and training of the Operations Team;
- Build customer confidence through demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the operation;
- Responsible for the continued development of the Operations Team including performance plans and reviews;
- Ensure a proactive approach to Health & Safety ensuring that all staff comply and that current standards of Health & Safety are exceeded.
- To grow and develop Southampton site culture always;
- To play a key role in the continual improvement of process/ methods of the sites operating procedures;
- Liaise closely with other departments, third parties and Sites, building a detailed understanding of the Operation and systems function;
- Manage and conduct investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings as required;
- Manage the absence levels within the Operations team;
- To undertake such additional duties as may be reasonably required for the effective role within the site;
- Maintain plan to Monitor Any damage found on Vehicles, also the Daily /weekly Hygiene programme of vehicle is maintained.
- Daily checks are managed through Microlise system and maintained as per legal requirements and Company standards.
- Ensure All exceptions are checked and monitored Via the CRM system to ensure transparency.
- Reporting to the CDC Manager.
- Organize driver and vehicle rotes to ensure achievement of planned targets and deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Transport Team Manager will have the following attributes:
- Experience of working within an Operations environment. Covering Transport and warehouse.
- Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management (FTA) an advantage.
- Understanding of transport driver targets;
- Experience of working within a unionised environment would be advantageous;
- Experience of supervising / managing a team;
- Ability to work shifts inclusive of weekends, as the depot operates Tuesday to Saturday operation therefore it is essential that the successful candidate has a flexible approach to work;
- Ability to use MS Word and Excel effectively
- Ability to Use Microlise System effectively
- Excellent communication skills combined with logical problem-solving skills
- Proven Strong leadership skills.
- Proven Ability to Grow within a role and develop themselves.
- Live within commutable distance of Southampton.
What's on Offer
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful Transport Team Manager.