This is a brand new role in a high performing retail bank
This role is for a qualified accountant with hedge accounting experience
About Our Client
My client is a leading bank. This role is based in the City of London.
The Treasury Accountant will:
- Manage a team of three direct reports
- Produce daily and monthly attributed p/l and risk reporting for desks allocated, reviewing output and challenging where appropriate
- Have ownership of appropriate model governance
- Identify, assess, manage and report risks, taking action where appropriate in order to remediate or escalate potential issues
- Prepare and produce all necessary hedging documentation
- Ensure that the control model is running and that breaks are investigated and cleared
- Ensure system processes are operating as intended
- Submit the treasury and other wholesale market accounting packs each month to UK Group Reporting and quarterly submission of detailed information required in statutory and external disclosures
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/CA/CIMA/ACCA) with at least 3 years PQE
- Ideally hold a university degree in a mathematical subject
- Have a high degree of IT skills - knowledge of front office booking systems as well as Microsoft products, particularly Excel.
- Have strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments
- Ideally have a Financial Services background
What's on Offer
This is a permanent Treasury Accountant role offering a competitive salary, bonus and benefits. This role is based in the City of London but all interviews and initially onboarding will be held remotely.