Excellent exposure within a busy Treasury function
Excellent progression opportunities
About Our Client
Financial Services business based in Yorkshire
The successful Treasury Accountant will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and reporting on corporate treasury results, treasury risk exposure and compliance to provide management information, initiate corrective actions, and maintain compliant at all times. This includes monitoring and analysing treasury data and produce budgets, forecasts and financial statements to provide management with high quality steering information on treasury.
- Performing account reconciliations of balance sheet accounts affecting the treasury system such as cash, cash equivalents, investments, debt, and sales.
- Ensuring all Group accounting for derivatives and hedging is completed accurately with special emphasis on year-end.
- Managing the treasury related elements of year end-accounting and audit. And Manage the treasury elements of the budget process specifically interest cost and variances from budget.
- Managing the monthly accounting requirements including the WACD and other ad hoc accounting work.
- Control of daily cash flow management and cash flow plan.
- Assisting the Treasury Manager on debt funding work - including EMTN and Bank facilities; rating agencies reporting and ISDA negotiations with existing and new counterparties. You will also support the Treasury Manager in managing bank relationships - including banking activities reporting (bank balances and service fees).
The Successful Applicant
The successful Treasury Accountant will:
- Be ACA, ACCA or CIMA; ACT qualified - or studying towards
- Have strong technical and commercial understanding of the structure and terms of bank, bond, currency, and derivative facilities
- Have wider knowledge and experience of accounting, regulation, taxation, legal, corporate finance, and equity markets in a cross-border environment preferable
- Have proven technical skills in all areas of Treasury management
What's on Offer
Excellent progression opportunity with competitive package