Working for a leading business
Based in Central London
About Our Client
In support of the Treasury Controller, the Treasury Accountant will undertake the daily and monthly accounting for Treasury transactions using the Treasury Management System as a primary source of data, be the lead for various Treasury back office functions e.g. deal confirmations, assist in the reporting of Treasury Transactions, support the Treasury Controller in administering the online banking and dealing platforms and provide support on a wide variety of treasury related activities and projects within the multinational/complex group structure.
As well as the above, the key responsibilities of the Treasury Accountant will also include:
- Performing month-end and reporting duties for all treasury entities in adherence with Treasury policy
- Maintaining intercompany loan register and loan documentation
- Further Daily back-office functions/ Ad hoc analysis
- Contribute to process improvements, including the identification of controls, efficiency opportunities around existing processes and the development of straight through processing for treasury transactions through the automation of key processes and reporting.
- Preparation of monthly management reporting information for treasury.
- Contribution to group audit enquiries and maintaining auditor relationship.
- Assist with Treasury Controller functions including investment & FX deal confirmations; assist in preparing quarterly and annual treasury disclosures required under IFRS for consolidated / standalone and JV financial statements.
- Preparation of treasury journals and balance sheet reconciliations to a high standard. This includes hedge accounting and effectiveness testing in accordance with IFRS 9.
- Maintain and update the intercompany loan register.
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for the Treasury Accountant position you should have:
- Fully qualified (ACCA, ACA, or similar)
- AMCT/AMT (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of working in a multi-national established corporate treasury team with established segregation of duties and control function
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment
- A good understanding of financial accounting under IFRS (preferably including financial transactions and derivatives)
Knowledge and use of:
- Enterprise Resource Management Systems, specifically Oracle
- All Microsoft packages - Excel to an advanced level
- Treasury Management Systems (TMS) (experience with Kyriba would be advantageous)
- Experience of Administrating Electronic banking platforms (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of Administrating Online trading platforms (360T and CitiPulse - preferred but not essential)
What's on Offer
The package on offer is circa £55,000- £60,000