This is a exciting new role in a high performing building society
My client is looking for a Treasury specialist from a small finance firm
About Our Client
My client is an established building society. This role is based in South London.
The Treasury Manager will be responsible for:
- The day to day treasury activities including monitoring the lifetime mortgage risk indicators, cash collateral levels, ongoing liquidity levels, short term investment performance and the gilt portfolio, and taking action or providing advice on action to be taken as appropriate.
- Managing the implementation of a new treasury management system (TMS), and its future development to improve workflow and management information to the business.
- Identifying data requirements for the asset and liability management process, and improving their capture and availability.
- Managing the preparation of management information for various executive and Board committees.
- Taking a key role in the annual Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) and the Internal Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP).
- Significant projects eg the transition from LIBOR to SONIA, setting up a bilateral funding programme, and developing the IRRBB (interest rate risk in the banking book) analysis and process.
- Assisting with the management of members of the Treasury team as appropriate.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Treasury Manager will have/be:
- ACT qualified
- Knowledge / experience of debt & capital markets.
- Financial Services background
- ALM experience
- Experience of managing projects including working with external systems suppliers.
- Strong data management skills
- Experience of working with brokers and managing deals (dealing experience).
- Excellent analytical skills
- An ability to produce meaningful management information
- Strong communication skills, and in particular an ability to explain technical terms to a non-technical audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Some management experience within a small team
What's on Offer
This permanent Treasury Manager role is offering £60,000-70,000 basic depending on experience.