Treasury Operations Manager
This is an excellent senior manager position within a leading finance business
This person will manage all aspects of Treasury Operations
About Our Client
My client is a leading commodities brokerage. This role will be based in their offices in the city of London.
The Treasury Operations Manager will:
- Support and manage the Treasury Operations team ensuring that all key controls are performed in accordance with company procedures.
- To coach and develop Treasury Operations staff, encouraging the sharing and development of ideas to further improve processes/controls.
- Review and validate the daily Client Money (CASS) Calculation and provide input into management reporting.
- Ensure of FX trades required to manage currency exposure are executed and booked in a timely manner.
- Ensure cash deposits are placed with banks and within limits authorised by the Risk Committee.
- Ensure procedures and controls are in place for all Treasury operation processes.
- Assist the Group Treasurer in maintaining and developing banking relationships on a corporate and operational level.
- Provide support for and input into the Daily liquidity reporting and maintenance of ILAA.
- Maintain various banking facilities
- Opening/Closing of bank accounts.
- Ensure interest calculations and processing are complete including client interest, credit line interest and interest accruals.
- Maintain/own and develop new processes/applications and ideas to enhance the Treasury processes and service including Treasury Cash Management, Nostro Reconciliations and Broker/exchange cash reconciliations.
- Work closely with Legal Entity / Financial Control to substantiate balance sheet accounts.
- Liaise with the Group Treasurer on matters regarding the department's effectiveness, staffing requirements and other non-day to day developments.
- Assist Group Treasurer in building up the Treasury area to support company growth.
- Understand the flow of data from back office systems through to the General Ledger, and the effects of the cash flows on Liquidity
The Successful Applicant
The successful Treasury Operations Manager will have:
- Settlements experience (cash and securities settlements) and a strong understanding of settlements on exchanges
- Project management experience - either a systems project or a project with a bank
- Strong interpersonal skills
- People management experience
- Financial Services background
- A good understanding of CASS - ideally CASS7
- In dept knowledge of Nostro reconciliations
- In depth knowledge of payment processing via SWIFT
What's on Offer
This is a permanent role based in London.