- finance, multi site
- Growing charity
About Our Client
Our client is a multi-site charity with a strong future growth plan, and are one of the UK's leading not-for-profit care providers.
The Trust's charity status means they are regulated not only by the Care Quality Commission, an independent regulator, but also by the Charities Commission, a government body ensuring that all the Trust does is for public benefit.
· Assists in the preparation of the statutory accounts and reporting for the Trust's consolidated accounts, and joint ventures driving completion of the statutory accounts in a timely manner.
· Leads on the preparation of the external audit, working with colleagues across the Finance function to plan and produce the audit file, in a timely an accurate manner, learning from previous years' audits.
· Pro-actively seeks areas to improve both the Statutory Reporting process and the external audit and related internal processes.
· Delivers Central Overhead monthly management accounts, in a timely and accurate manner together with meaningful and insightful commentary which supports the accounts and reflects key business issues.
· Works collaboratively with Central Overhead department heads to produce realistic but challenging budgets and forecasts, developing successful business partnering relationships.
· Provides objective challenge regarding spending plans and takes a proactive role in looking for opportunities to deliver services more efficiently and effectively.
· Completes monthly Joint Venture accounts ensuring delivery of reporting packs for Joint Venture Boards
· Responsible for producing the capital budgets and forecasts for the Trust, working in collaboration with budget holders and project managers to understand requirements.
· Responsible for monthly monitoring and reporting of capital expenditure, producing meaningful variance analysis to aid in understanding of cashflow commitments and impact of project delays.
· Prepares monthly market oversight reporting and assists with other ad-hoc reporting requirements generated by the Care and Quality Commission and other regulatory bodies.
· Responsible for the accounting of Fosse Way Care Developments on a monthly and annual basis.
· Reviews quarterly VAT returns for the Trust and Joint ventures to ensure VAT treatment is in line with UK indirect tax regulations.
· Pro-actively maintains up to date knowledge of Charity Accounting Standards and Regulations including FRS102
· Contributes to the leadership across the Finance team and strives to deliver outstanding results and service to the Trust.
· Acts as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated role model for the team. Builds a culture of continuous improvement and openness to change.
· Ensures and maintains strict confidentiality over employee data and proprietary Trust information, ensuring full compliance with Data Protection Act provision and internal policies.
· Any other tasks requested by Group Finance Manager
The Successful Applicant
· Demonstrates a commitment to teamwork through own actions;
· Sets high standards for results and continually raises these standards;
· Maintains effective performance under pressure;
· Communicates complex concepts and issues effectively;
· Works with others to generate improvement ideas and actively participates in implementing new initiatives;
· Demonstrates high standards of conduct which are not compromised even under highly stressful circumstances
What's on Offer
- Salary: circa £45,000
- Competitive Company pension
- 25 days holidays plus Bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Private Health Insurance
- Annual subscription fees re-reimbursed
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light card and "My Rewards" offering you discount on shopping, days out, restaurants and much more