UK Finance Director
An opportunity to oversee finance for a £750m UK Division
This role will suit a FD looking for a mix of technical and business support
About Our Client
My client is a high volume manufacturer, supplying to some of the leading retailers in the UK. Specialising in innovation and investment in technology and have operations in more than 50 countries.
The UK Finance Director will play a lead role in financial management across the Group. The role will absolutely require an in-depth and detailed knowledge of statutory accounting, tax and treasury, but more importantly it will lead on ensuring that strong, best-in-class business support is available to all entities.
This is a hands-on and varied role and requires someone who is equally as comfortable rolling their sleeves up as they are presenting forecasts to the Group board. The UK business entities (and indeed wider Group) are immersed in digitally transforming the end to end businesses processes and leadership with regards to the finance processes within the UK. This will include assessing and mapping their validity, proposing process improvements and then overseeing these process transformations, - all of which will be critical to this role, as will the partnership with IT leadership to ensure strategic targets are achieved.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Manage the finance teams to implement and deliver weekly and month-end reporting in a timely fashion, to allow the business units to achieve their objectives of profitability and expense control
- Together with the Business Managers, define KPIs to monitor activity and take corrective actions
- Guarantee accountability and challenge performance versus Budget and Forecast
- Lead on creating an internal talent pool within the Finance Function
- Ensure consistent reporting across all Group entities
- Mentor and coach direct line reports incl. Head of Finance and Head of FP&A
- As Senior Accounting Officer in the UK, Lead Group Finance governance meetings in the UK
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have an excellent track record of senior finance leadership and influence within high volume manufacturing/processing environments. My client supplies to the major retailers in the UK and so an understanding and appreciation of that client relationship would also be beneficial. Other key considerations as below:
- ACA / CIMA / ACCA Qualified
- Track record in delivering as a finance leader
- Experience of working in manufacturing, away from the corporate hub
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Strong attention to detail and passion for accuracy
- Extremely IT literate with excellent excel skills
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Working knowledge of various ERP systems
What's on Offer
An excellent salary package and career path for the right candidate.