UK Financial Controller
A superb opportunity to work for a global brand
This is an opportunity to work for a private equity backed business
About Our Client
My client is a well-known global name that distributes their own branded products through a network of retail stores run by the company.
The role of UK Financial Controller is the lead finance role in the UK. You will partner with Managing Director to form the UK senior leadership team.
You will oversee the UK finance function and report to the European CFO. The role is very hands on and you will oversee all aspects of accounting and reporting for the business and ensure the highest standards of quality, accuracy and timeliness are met.
The UK Finance Controller will ensure all financial reporting and statutory obligations are met as well as providing the corporate and enterprise based management team with meaningful and insightful forecasting and planning information.
Other duties will include:
- Ensuring a robust internal control framework
- Contributing to the operational efficiency of the business by taking an active interest in sales and marketing activities
- Oversight of all input into P&L accounts
- Monthly preparation of fixed asset, inventory, prepayments, accruals and inter-company/group reporting
- Quarterly forecasting of unit sales, revenue, costs and operating expenditure
- Preparation of 3-year plan
- Review and commentary of monthly management accounts, including P&L, balance sheet and sales data
- Undertake all pension scheme accounting and produce annual statutory accounts in accordance with UKGAAP
The Successful Applicant
Ideally the successful candidate will have a working knowledge of both UK and US GAAP with a hands on approach to their job. The finance function is small and so delegation is not always possible.
It would be an advantage to have a background in retail but it is not essential.
What's on Offer
There is a very competitive package on offer for the successful candidate.