- UK HR Manager position based in West Sussex
- Working for a growing business
About Our Client
Luxury growing business
This is a newly created role encompassing a wide variety of HR activities.
The UK HR Manager will create the strategic people agenda for the UK to ensure that the business meets and exceeds its business objectives.
It's a hands-on role, getting involved in everything from the management of the day-to-day HR operations, embedding company values and driving change and engagement to the delivery of strategic objectives.
You will be required to take a flexible approach and will be required to develop much of the HR infrastructure in the UK, so should be comfortable doing this autonomously and using your own initiative.
You will need to have the ability to determine and implement new processes and procedures.
- Represent the HR department consistently working with the senior management team, external stakeholders and workforce
- Translate key data into an effective and commercially focused HR and people strategy
- Advise managers on terms and conditions of employment and share best practice
- Develop and continuously monitor HR policies including the company handbook and codes of conduct such as inclusion, diversity and equal pay
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers
- Oversee complex employee relations issues such as grievance and disciplinary cases and manage difficult cases
- Establish departmental accountabilities for the range of HR functions from talent acquisition to health and safety compliance
- Devise recruitment strategy and oversee its implementation. Management of the recruitment and new starter processes, on-boarding of new starters
- Create and execute a learning and development strategy to include in-house training and knowledge sharing, along with external programmes as required
- Update and review HR policies, procedures and guidelines
- Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and employee development making recommendations for improvements
- Control the UK HR budget and reporting
- Champion change initiatives
- Ensure legal compliance is met in all UK HR activities
The Successful Applicant
The UK HR Manager will have the following skills & experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- CIPD qualified
- Ability to establish credibility and influence at all levels
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff
- Confident working with data to drive insights and inform decision making
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations
- Managed redundancy/restructure situations; experienced in coaching managers through this and leading
- A passion for working with people
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proven organisation skills and ability to prioritise
- Thrives on constant change
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £65,000