UK & Ireland Tax Manager
An exciting opportunity to join a leading manufacturer in a national tax role
Ideal for a Tax Manager looking for a new challenge in a great business
About Our Client
Michael Page is working exclusively with Mexichem UK Limited, a leading global manufacturer of chemicals and plastics. Mexichem are currently looking for a UK and Ireland Tax Manager to take sole responsibility for tax compliance and business partnering nationally across 5 business groups.
Reporting into the Tax Director for Europe and AMEA with a dotted line to the UK Finance Director, the UK and Ireland Tax Manager will take national responsibility for tax matters within the businesses.
- Manage the UK and Ireland tax computations of all UK and Ireland companies
- Advise and support on all UK and Ireland corporate income, Withholding Tax, VAT and Payroll tax matters
- Review all UK and Ireland tax reporting
- Support the Tax Director Europe & AMEA on all UK and Ireland transfer pricing matters and international projects / restructurings involving the UK and Ireland
- Implement and maintain a Tax Control Framework
- Lead the relationship with HMRC in the UK and tax bodies in Ireland to ensure that the company is well positioned to effectively handle any unusual or unforeseen future issues
- Identify opportunities to reduce tax cost
- Guide and coach managers and directors in all businesses on tax matters to maintain the balance between statutory compliance / low risk status and minimizing taxes paid
- Review all forthcoming tax system developments and enhancements, develop a tax strategy for all the UK and Irish business that protects and enhances the company's position when these changes occur Drive the standardization and harmonization of operational KPI's across Fluent Europe
- Identify and develop profit and cash flow improvement plans
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience with UK and Irish Compliance, Corporate Income Tax, VAT, Transfer Pricing, Withholding tax and Payroll tax and some international exposure would be preferred (particular knowledge emphasis is of UK Compliance, Corporate Income tax and VAT)
The candidate will be experienced in business partnering techniques to effectively partner across a range of directors and senior finance teams across a range of international locations simultaneously as well as engaging with other staff members to educate them around tax within the business.
The candidate will have 5-7 years of experience as in-house tax manager in a multinational corporate business.
Experience of coaching senior manager / directors and FD/FC's in tax risk, compliance and opportunities across a number of business units in a multinational business is essential.
Advanced consultancy skills are necessary to work internally and externally as an expert and coach in a technically based function.
Candidate will be ACA and/or CTA qualified.
Due to the national scope of the role, the UK and Ireland Tax Manager will be required to travel between UK sites with some international travel.
What's on Offer
Very attractive salary and benefits package.