UK Sales Manager
Sales Manager for global print finishing technology business. Surrey, UK.
Excellent and recognised brand with great earning and growth potential.
About Our Client
Duplo International provides sustainable, high precision automated print finishing technology that enables customers to turn paper into great communication and grow their businesses. This drives development of their quality-focused products, all backed by world class support and service.
They are the EMEA sales and distribution arm of Duplo Corporation in Japan, which sells products to 170 countries around the world. Duplo USA covers sales and service for the Americas. Duplo International is responsible for 60 countries, and operates through more than 100 local distributors.
Duplo started making collating equipment in Japan 50 years ago, and their technology now encompasses a vast range of finishing processes, from saddle stitching, booklet making and perfect binding, to cutter-creasers.
Reporting directly to the UK MD you will lead the UK Sales team. You will design and support the overall direction of the Sales Team and play a pivotal part in the delivery of the sales target across all product sets. You will be responsible for all elements of team management, progression planning, coaching and performance indicators. You will maximise gross profit of machine sales across all ranges, markets and channels.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the delivery of revenue across all product areas.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop your team as well as role modelling the right behaviours.
- Provide clear and strong leadership to drive a successful team of direct reports to the next level of achievement.
- Coach, support and help to improve the team's product knowledge, approach to sales campaigns and measures of success by setting clear objectives and individual key performance indicators.
- Accountable for designing and delivering the bonus scheme which will recognise not only team performance but individual performance to target and KPI's.
- Design a process to report on current performance across the team and by individual team member.
- Building personal relationships with both internal and external key stakeholders and customers in order to build and promote sales and customer retention.
- Collaborate with colleagues to maximise new business opportunities .
- Support a culture to deliver excellent customer service at all times.
- Where necessary, project manage or project participate in tasks that are not necessarily just to do with your individual SBU but maybe for the greater good for the total DI or DUK business.
- Attend UK Management Board Meetings.
- Prepare annual budgets and set clear trading policies, which are adhered to.
- Take a proactive approach in improving the customer journey by responding to customer feedback and through continuous process improvement.
- Improve customer experience and also the conversion of all sales opportunities.
- Co-ordinate and run regular sales meetings with the teams.
- Work with the marketing department to ensure on-going product training and field and demonstration support.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful UK Sales Manager will have:
- A proven track record in running a highly successful B2B technical or technology sales team.
- A commercially focused mind-set, in terms of analysing and forecasting the success of the team's performance maximising sales and productivity.
- Extensive experience of people management required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office package Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Accomplished and competent presentation skills.
- Experience of business development and leading sales campaigns from the front.
- Strong relationship builder with customers, partners, colleagues.
- Experience in the print industry not required but would be an advantage.
What's on Offer
Basic salary c.£50k dependent upon experience and OTE of c.£90k plus company car.